Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum • View topic - Joining the 80% Club

My Nissan Leaf Forum • View topic - Joining the 80% Club: "The numbers I used in the post you quoted were based on a JPL report for the Mars rover mission. They found the capacity fade from cycling to be about six times higher at 60% DOD when compared to 30% DOD. They used SAFT LiNiO2 cells with graphite anode and cylindrical stainless steel hardware. The cells were tested in 30% DOD regime (5000 cycles) with average energy fade rate at 4.0V at 0.000704% per cycle and 60% DOD regime (500 cycles) with average energy fade rate at 4.0V at 0.00430% per cycle.

I also found the Tesla battery care guide from Dan Myggen to be of interest. I believe that the Roadster is using 18650 form-factor LiCoO2 cells. I don't claim to be the world's foremost expert on lithium ion cells, but this is an important topic and I would love to continue the discussion. I'm not sure if this is the right venue though, this thread is already 24 pages long."

'via Blog this'

No comments: