Saturday, November 7, 2009

EV WORLD CURRENTS: Golf Cars Do NOT Qualify for Tax Credit, NEVs Do!

EV WORLD CURRENTS: Golf Cars Do NOT Qualify for Tax Credit, NEVs Do!: "I hate to disappoint John Stossel, but golf carts do not qualify for IRS tax credits as he bemoans in his Fox News blog. Just because some enterprising salesman in Florida named Tony Colangelo appears to be skating on thin ice with the IRS by advertising free golf cars, doesn't mean the Obama Administration has suddenly sanctioned yet another taxpayer giveaway.

A reader wrote me today admonishing me to let everyone know about the tax credit on golf carts/cars, something I had totally missed; so thanks for the heads up. Apparently few in the media understand the difference between a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle and a golf cart, so allow me to illuminate my colleagues."

No comments: